Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a good thing I love crowds so much!

So I'm in Dallas, right? I checked the weather forecast for while I was gonna be here, and the average temp is supposed to be in the 60's. So I brought my jacket (not my coat), which is pretty normal for Christmas in Texas. You just don't need anything heavier. Now, there was a cold front scheduled to come in Sunday and Monday, but I figured that's when I'd wear the jacket. (It's not as if I need it for 60-degree weather.)

The cold front came in a wee bit early, but no worries. (The temperature dropped 30 degrees Saturday afternoon. It was crazy.) So I wore the jacket to church on Sunday, as it was really quite cold. I also left the jacket at church on Sunday. [rolls eyes] I realized at the end of Relief Society that I no longer had my jacket with me, but by then there was another ward having sacrament meeting in the chapel, where I left it.

Today, Dad went back over to the church (he has a key) to look for it (Mom has a key to the library, where the lost and found is located). It's nowhere to be found. So now I need a new jacket, as it's below freezing. (I've actually wanted one for a while, but couldn't really justify it when I had a perfectly good one. Now, however, I don't!) So it looks like I'm going shopping. With all the crazy holiday shoppers! That'll be a good time. :(

1 comment:

bismark said...

yeah its negative 30 degree wind chill here in wisconsin and i forgot my winter coat. so i dont feel sorry for you AT ALL.