Sunday, March 8, 2009

You may not think it's possible...

...but it is. I ruined Hamburger Helper. Yes, I have reached new heights of cooking awesomeness. (Kyle, this is what happens when I cook on my own!) Turns out, when they say to simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently, they don't mean that you should go into the other room and get distracted for 10 minutes, returning to stir just in time for it to be done. That's a bad plan. So that you don't have to do this experiment yourself, I'll tell you what happens: large portions get stuck to the bottom of the pan. Even burned. In many cases, there is a disproportionate amount of pasta stuck to the pan, resulting in a meal containing lots of hamburger. Yes, fortunately, it was mostly salvageable. We were just careful to not scrape anything off the bottom. And there wasn't enough for any leftovers.

No comments: