Sunday, April 26, 2009

Doin' the Touristy Thing

Although we were done house-hunting, Kyle and I decided to stay in California for one more day and go into San Francisco. I'd never been, and it was very fun. There was a lot of stuff we didn't get to do, but we'll get to go back after we move.

One thing I really wanted to do was go to the beach. I've never been to a Pacific coast beach, so I thought it'd be fun. We were directed to Shoreline Park, near Google, but it turned out to be nowhere near the shore. We did drive around the Googleplex, though.

Next stop: the Golden Gate Bridge. This was super cool. We drove across it, and I took tons of pictures with a lot of window glare. The good ones came after we'd reached the other side and got out at the viewpoint:
It was really cold and windy (despite the temperature being in the 90's out in Sunnyvale and Livermore for the last two days), and we were glad we'd left our jackets in the car. We were still in shorts, though, so it was quite chilly. And the wind had a lot of fun with my hair. It was out of control. But we decided to walk back out to the middle of the bridge, which was rather longer than I'd expected.
And by the time we got back again, my hair was...well, see for yourself:It actually only took 10 minutes to brush out, though, which was far less time than I'd expected.

It was really sunny while we were out on the bridge, but as we were getting ready to go back over, there was a bunch of fog rolling in:
We drove down Lombard Street next, which is out-of-control hilly. And down Crooked Street, which we found by accident. It was totally insane, and Kyle's mad at me for not getting a video while he was driving down. But look at this picture:Yeah. It was nuts.

Lessee...we also found Coit Tower, which is basically just a really tall tower overlooking the bay. We didn't go up it, but there was still a good view from its base. And then we headed over to Ghirardelli Square, which I'd never heard of, which Kyle thought was a crime. We saw some trolleys, but didn't ride because, well, it was freezing. That's one of the things on our list to do when we go back. Kyle wanted a hot fudge sundae at the Ghirardelli shop, but it was, again, freezing. So we opted for hot chocolate instead. I got caramel sea salt hot chocolate, and it was quite tasty. Though the salt was a little weird.
After that, we headed back to the house. We grabbed Panda for dinner (had to make sure it still tasted good in California!) and watched a movie before turning in.

No comments: