Sunday, April 26, 2009

Voyage to CA

I already posted some about the trip out to CA, but here's a wee bit more. With pictures!

I found a ghost town labeled on Kyle's map, so we decided to go visit it. Of course, we never found any such thing. We did, however, find a fully operational mine. Wikipedia later explained to us that the old town was covered by the tailings of the new mine. Oh well. Our first hint that this town was no longer ghostie:We, of course, kept going. But we turned around before we got to the guard checkpoint thingie. It was not, however a wasted trip. On our way back to the highway, we passed this most excellent sign:Awesome.

This was my first trip to California, so I had to document my first view of it:It was a lot more tree-y than I had expected. And especially after several hours of Nevada, it was very lush and green-looking. Beautiful. And sunset as we were driving down into the valley was gorgeous:Let's see...we got to Kyle's brother's house at about 10 pm, making actual drive-time about 13 hours. We were exhausted, so we grabbed dinner and then turned in for the night.

No comments: