Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Times

Last night, Kyle and I went to see As You Like It at the Hale Center Theater here in Orem. It's actually just down the street from home, and I'd mentioned a couple of times, driving by, that I love that play. Not dropping hints, I swear; but well, "I am a woman...when I think, I must speak!" Anyway, Kyle surprised me with tickets a couple of weeks ago, and last night was finally the night!

It was nice outside, so we just walked the 2.5 blocks to the theater. This is a very small, in-the-round theater, and our seats were right down front. On the stage, as it were, so we couldn't stretch out our legs for fear of tripping the cast. But it was great to be in such an intimate venue, and the play was wonderfully done. (I'll admit, I haven't actually read this play, but I have seen the movie (I know, I know), and I loved it.) Kyle said it took him a couple of scenes for his brain to switch over to Shakespearean English, but then he enjoyed it, too. Really, it was one of the awesomer things I've done this year. So entertaining. I keep remembering bits of it (like how they rang a little bell to show that characters had fallen in love) and laughing to myself. Brilliant.

Totally Unrelated P.S. I picked up my shower pouf this morning, and it unraveled.

No comments: