Saturday, May 23, 2009

Inventory

Left hand:
  • slices on index and middle fingers, per the previous post
  • blood blister on thumb from when I opened the window
Right hand:
  • bruise on the back from the inside lip of the washer
  • bruise on index finger from when my chair fell on it
Left leg:
  • cut on shinbone from shaving 4 days ago
  • cut on ankle from shaving 3 days ago
Right leg:
  • BIG cut on knee from shaving 3 days ago (it actually required bandaging to stop the bleeding)
  • BIG cut on shinbone from shaving yesterday (and I was being so dang careful, too!) (and this one also required bandaging, which is just lame)

I'm pretty torn up right now, and it's largely from shaving. Normally, this isn't an issue. (Kyle says that if I cut myself bad enough to require stitches, we're gonna have to re-evaluate my technique, but I swear it's not me!) I'm currently blaming the cheap razors I bought in a fit of "I refuse to pay that much for stupid razor blades!" t'other day. Not because I'm not klutzy enough for anything; let's be honest, I am. But how does a person manage to slice up both their shinbones while shaving? It's the flattest, simplest part of the leg!

Honestly, I feel like most people must live life with some sort of force field around them, protecting them from all the minor bumps, hurts, and cuts I suffer on a regular basis. Over the last week or so, though, it seems that my non-functioning force field has gotten angry and is now pulling me toward danger. Not cool, force field.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You aren't allowed to get hurt anymore. Maybe you should use Kyle's electric shaver on your legs. I hear it works pretty well... LoL