Monday, February 23, 2009

A Belated Holiday Post

It occurred to me today that I never blogged Valentine's Day when Tanna pointed out that my blog has many cooking failures on it but no successes. I pointed out that failures are funny and successes are not. But then I remembered Valentine's Day, so here we are. Not that it was funny, but it was blog-worthy. Anyway...

As of Thursday night (the 12th), Kyle was very sick. He warned me not to expect much for Valentine's Day, which was fine with me, as I was quite tired all the time, too. But Friday he was feeling better, and on Saturday he was more energetic than I'd seen him in weeks, not to mention being in a very good mood. The day started with Kyle coming to my house to pick me up. He stopped at the store on the way to get food for dinner, and he brought me some lovely roses. While I put them in a vase, he made some preliminary preparations for dinner. (I wasn't allowed to peek.) He also gave me a cup full of conversation hearts (the good ones, of course) with all the nasty white ones picked out, so I munched on those, too. Then we went over to his house so he could do laundry. Romantic, right? But we caught up on some tv shows while laundry was running for a few hours, which was nice and relaxing.

We came back to my house around 6 for dinner. I was instructed to turn on some music and lay on the couch and read while Kyle cooked dinner. I also wasn't supposed to peek at any point during the preparations, but come on: I could see straight into the kitchen from the couch. But I did my best. In case anybody's gotten the wrong idea from my blog, Kyle is actually a very good cook. Perhaps it's only when I "help" that things go awry? The point is that dinner was amazing. Steaks marinated in Italian dressing, broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes, and rolls. All eaten by candlelight, which was a first for me. For dessert, he made brownie pudding, which was also quite tasty.

After dinner, we started Harry Potter 5, marking our return from a lengthy hiatus from Harry Potter. (Don't tell him I said so, but I think Kyle's actually getting into these books now.) Then we watched Enchanted. I love that movie!

All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day. :D

No comments: