Wednesday, February 4, 2009

III: I Give In

Okay, the peer pressure's getting to me. Let's look at some pics from the hospital.

Prepping for emergency surgery is fun! You can see a little bit how swollen my neck is. Also, note the lack of scarring! This will be the last picture of me without it.
Kyle, Tianna, and BJ were all there to help keep me from freaking out.
This is right after the first surgery. Looks like T's doing paperwork.
This is after I'd been moved out of ICU. I'm just eating lunch and recovering. I was doing so well! Oh, and those flowers were from Kyle (honestly, the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen).
Sadly, I didn't stay doing well. This is after the second surgery, back in ICU. Check out all those tubes and wires!
Finally, Mom insisted on taking a "Jess is finally getting better again!" picture. This was the 25th, the day before I left the hospital, so I finally had had all the tubes removed, and I think the IV might have been gone, too. And I've got my trusty cup of ice (FYI, they have really good ice at the hospital!). You can see my neck scars here, too. Why'd they let saber-tooth tigers into the hospital, anyway? It'll be interesting to see how these look once they're done healing.

No comments: