Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Quest

So, in Orem, I actually sit in a co-worker's cubicle. She works from home, so she lets us use it. Anyway, there used to be a whiteboard here, propped against the wall. It still had the protective film over it and everything. Several weeks ago, a guy came along and asked if he could borrow it (we were pretty obviously not using it). We said sure, and he said that if we ever wanted it back, it would be in the conference room down the hall.

Well, last week, there was a lot of moving. Tianna officially moved her office from SLC to Orem, so she has her own cube across the way. (Don't worry; we still talk all the time, just louder. This is really a great service that we provide, letting more people in on our crazy conversations.) I got my own cubicle up in SLC, not far from my old one. I actually really like it; it's got more desk space, so T and I aren't so cramped. I also got a brand new computer, complete with new keyboard that is all clackety-clackety, which I really enjoy. But the key here is that I had a whiteboard of my very own now. And guess what? I realized that I actually have a use for it. I took all the information I had on various sticky notes and wrote it on the board. I was pleased. But, of course, this was only in SLC, where I now only work once a week.

I was therefore filled with a desire to have a whiteboard in Orem. But the conference room where my whiteboard now resided was locked. And we could see through the window that it had writing on it. AND we couldn't for the life of us remember who the guy was that took it, so we couldn't ask for it back. Was this the end of my dream? NO! Like anybody working for the Church in good standing, I decided that the obvious route to be taken was thievery. So I stole the whiteboard out of an unoccupied cubicle down the row from me. Way to represent!

It took some doing to get it set up, but we finally managed it. And now, I present the fulfillment of all my hopes and dreams for the last week:
I am seriously well pleased. :D

No comments: