Wednesday, July 2, 2008

[shudder]

Ok. So, we all know that spiders give me the creeping heebie-jeebies. Well, this morning, on our way to work, I'm driving along the road, Tianna in the passenger seat. I stop at a light, and notice, to my horror, a smallish spider dangling from a thread from the driver-side window, not far from the steering wheel. I immediately threw the door open and tried to get said spider outside by swinging my hand through the thread. Physics was not on my side, however, and this plot failed. Twice. Tianna, who had her headphones in listening to Harry Potter, was at a complete loss for what was going on. She caught up quick, though, when my third attempt to oust the spider from my domain failed miserably: it landed on my chest. There may have been whimpering at this point. Oh, and traffic started to move again, so I had to, too. Well, Tianna doesn't really like spiders, either. She was not about to grab the thing with her bare hands, and who can blame her? She asked if I had a tissue. I did: in my purse, in the back seat. I reached back for it and handed her the tissue, making incomprehensible noises of terror all the while. She bravely grabbed the spider and squooshed it. She even held on to the corpse-containing tissue until we got to work and she could throw it away. Tanna, you're my hero!

No comments: