Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I have been told I have to blog this. :S

So last night, Michael and I were helping get his younger sister, Michelle, settled into Helaman Halls. At one point, she was scoping out the room and Michael and I were seated on the bed. I looked down and saw that in between us was his wallet! Now, Michael has a tendency to lose things, so I snatched it up and stuck it in my back pocket. I wanted to actually be present for this "oh no, I've lost my wallet again!" moment. That's always good entertainment, right? Well, hours later, we were back at my house, and I told him that it'd be wise for him to start trying to figure out what I had of his. (I was getting tired of waiting for the non-forthcoming reaction.) He ran through some possibilities: "I've got my keys. I've got my wallet." What?! "Are you sure you have your wallet?" "Yes, it's right here." "Oh no...is this Michelle's wallet?!" I pulled it out and, sure enough, it had her driver's license inside. I felt so sheepish. I immediately started thinking of ways this could have already inconvenienced her, and I felt awful. Michael, of course, thought it was hilarious. And his only concession to helping me out of this jam was to give me Michelle's email address.

I emailed her last night, but not until way late. This morning, she still hadn't responded, and I needed to head to SLC for work. I finally had the brilliant idea of leaving it for her at the Cannon Center. (For the record, Tanna also thought the whole thing was hilarious.) Turns out, Michelle hadn't even realized it was missing.

All in all, it's got to make a great story for her: I moved to BYU and had my wallet stolen within hours of my arrival!

No comments: