Thursday, March 27, 2008

I love my car, but sometimes...

My car has a war wound. About 8 years ago, it went to battle for me, protecting me from the delivery truck that was doing its level best to crush the life out of me. As a result of my car's heroics, I was just fine. But it was never the same after having been run over; the driver's side door had to be completely replaced, and despite multiple attempts, it has never hung quite right. This results in a lot of air noise when I drive at high speeds.

It's exceedingly windy outside today, and this made the noise worse. It was actually whistling as I did my best to keep my car in my lane despite the bufferings that wanted to toss me about the freeway. (I even drove almost the whole way with both hands on the steering wheel. (Yes, this is unusual for me, but I suspect it's true of anybody who drives stick.)) I had to crank my music up in order to hear it over the high-pitch whistle. Thankfully, this only lasted about half an hour, until I got 'round the point of the mountain. Otherwise, I may have been driven completely insane by that horrible shrieking.

No comments: