Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Misery loves company...at least, I love company when I'm miserable.

Is it bad that it makes me all kinds of happy to see others plagued by the same annoyances that beset me? This actually happened a few times today:

I overslept today, by a lot. This irks me greatly...every day. But when I stumbled to the front of the house, on my way outside to move my car so Tianna could get out of the driveway (because she would obviously be leaving before me), I espied her sitting in her bedroom. In her pajamas. Likewise not leaving on time. Not only was I spared the trouble of moving my car, but I had company in my slothfulness!

Midway through the network traumas I was having today, Annaleise announced that she had been kicked off the server. I was comforted.

I later overheard Elder Hendrix on the phone with our Hawaii site. They were also having problems mapping a drive. It's not just me; the hatred has spread into the Pacific!

When I got down to Orem, I sat next to this cute senior sister missionary who was having problems with Kofax (the software we use to process books). She had cropped the images, but after they were processed, the cropping on some of them went all wonky. One of the pages was cropped in half. Elder Hendrix turned to me and asked if I'd ever seen anything like it. I got to explain how this happens to me every time. My crops just come undone. I have learned to accept it as a ridiculous and annoying part of my life. But today, it wasn't just me! I felt vindicated.

(Actually, I suspect that Kofax sensed that I was sitting at the computer next door, as well as the fact that my insane day would not allow me to Kofax anything of my own, all day. Realizing this, Kofax lashed out at my neighbor. This is unreasonable, but what can you expect from such hate-filled software?)

No comments: