Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weirdness just COMES AT me

On my way to work today, I stopped at a stop light next to the Salt Palace, and there was this guy crossing the street in front of me. Mid-twenties, I'm gonna guess. Point is, he was tucking in his shirt as he walked--with his pants undone! I could see his belt flapping in the breeze. Took me a minute to realize what I was seeing, because really, who does that? I can honestly say I have never undone my pants in public, and I think I'm actually normal in this way.

(This next part didn't actually happen today, but I was reminded when I went back to Wendy's.) Last week, I got lunch from the drive-thru at Wendy's. I ordered a plain double-cheeseburger because I am not a fan of death on my food. After I picked up my food, I went to leave the parking lot, reaching for some fries as I went. In so doing, I noticed the extreme oddity I had been given: hamburger patties. That's right, two hamburger patties in a plastic container. (I later noticed a set of plastic silverware I was graciously given to eat them with.) I was confuzzled by this, of course. Since when does "plain double cheeseburger" = hamburger patties?! So I threw my car into reverse and parked so I could go in and inquire this of someone who might know. But the guy at the counter was just as confused as I was. Actually, the look on his face when I showed him my patties was kind of awesome. He went back and asked whoever was cooking/assembling stuff for a plain double cheeseburger, and I got to hear him explain what that meant, which made me laugh. He came back and apologized: "They usually ask if they don't understand." How cool is that?

No comments: