Thursday, April 3, 2008

Emergency, eh? Too bad!

I cut my knuckle open today at work. I had passed a large Emergency First Aid Kit several times, so I headed that way in search of a bandaid. Fortunately, I passed my supervisor on the way, and showed her my wound. I asked her if the first aid kit was actually where I thought it was, which she confirmed. "But we're not allowed to use it." What?! "Go see if the secretary has a bandaid." As I walked by the first aid kit, I saw that she was right: the kit was fastened shut with one of those heavy-duty plastic ties. What's up with that? If I've managed to give myself a serious injury that qualified as an "Emergency," would I be able to get it open? I'd collapse from blood loss before I managed to cut that thing open. I mean, really.

No comments: