Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Glorious Fluorescent Yellow Freedom!!!

Last night was a Monumental Night. It was the first time since January that my car spent the night parked on the street. Why is this monumental, you ask? In January, our neighborhood enacted a crazy parking law that says you can only park on the street if you have a permit. No biggie, right? I mean, each house is allowed two permits. But since our landlady is, as I affectionately call her, a dingbat, we didn't get permits. We didn't get them until this week! That means that for the last 3+ months, the three of us have been playing musical cars every night. (Since we all come home in a different order than we need to leave the next morning, and we all have to park in the driveway.) We've actually gotten quite good at it. It's just Something We Do. But no more! I parked on the street yesterday afternoon, didn't move my car at all last night, and didn't move it this morning, either! Glorious freedom! (Well, as much freedom as can be claimed with a yellow 6" x 4" monstrosity hanging from my rearview mirror.)

No comments: