Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Additions

We adopted kitties last night! Yes, I'm very excited about this. A friend of a friend found a mama and two babies in a box on the side of the road last week. Neither the friend nor the friend of the friend could keep them, so Tianna, Rachel, and I jumped on this opportunity. And they're all just too cute for anything!

Here's Sonja, the mama:
Isn't she just beautiful?

This is Withdrawly:



And here we have Sir Guy, named for the Robin Hood character:

He fits in the palm of my hand!


After we got them home last night, Sonja was kinda flipped out. New surroundings and all. But we let her wander around, which made her feel better. After a while, Drawly started meowing, and Sonja came, grabbed him by the neck, and started carrying him around. She didn't seem to know where the best place for him was, though, so she wandered for quite a while, Drawly dangling by his neck and just swinging around like it was totally normal and comfortable. I truly regret that I didn't get a picture of this.

At last, Sonja found the Perfect Safe Place for her baby: under my bed. It's a queen-size bed, and there are a couple of bins underneath it. This leaves a narrow corridor down the middle (going in from the side, not the foot), but a large area at the back, since the bins don't reach that far. After a while, Sonja went and got Sir Guy, as well. I don't think the kittens have left their haven since then, although Sonja has been out a few times to explore. You have to use a flashlight to even be able to see them back there, and they're completely out of reach. I think Sonja must have used these factors in her decision. But I watched them for a while this morning, and the kittens were exploring the area and playing with each other.

No comments: