Saturday, April 19, 2008

Solitary Ramblings

This weekend, I am all alone. T went home to Idaho Friday afternoon, and won't return until Sunday night. And with Carli already gone, that leaves me...alone.

I went to work in Orem yesterday by myself. (Well, not completely by myself--the missionaries weren't far away, and Elder Hendrix kept popping in with problems. But I was in the cube by myself. (There's actually an uncanny amount of space in there when there's only one person.) And since I had to stay until eight (horrid, I know), I was definitely all alone by the end.)

And now it's Saturday morning, and I'm home all alone. Well, except for the kitties and my migraine. (I woke up this morning at 8:30 and decided to pull the cats up on the bed with me. It's funny to watch kittens who have poor balance anyway try to walk around on a mattress. After a while, I wanted to try to go back to sleep, so I put them all back down on the floor. But after just a few minutes, I felt Sonja jump back on. I rolled over, and she'd brought Drawly with her! She actually jumped up here while holding Drawly by the neck. Impressive. Not too much later, she also retrieved Sir Guy. Weird cat. I've no idea how she evaluates where the kittens should be at a given point in time, but if she does and they're not there, she will get them there. Funny mommy.)

I'm not sure how I'll spend the rest of the day, but if this migraine doesn't improve, I foresee me laying on the couch, watching an endless string of movies. Except for when I go to print up the programs for tomorrow's sacrament meeting--wretched callings that make me get dressed on a day like this. Bother.

No comments: