Sunday, April 6, 2008

Unusual Occurrences

I had three singular experiences today (completely aside from Conference, which was, to say the least, amazing):
  1. I got to pet horses! There was a colt, too, and he was adorable and so soft.
  2. I got to play a player piano! Way fun, but it's a definite plus to have somebody standing behind you so that as you're pedaling, you don't push yourself off the bench. We played and sang along to fabulous songs from Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof, Mary Poppins, and West Side Story, among others. Good times.
  3. I got to lay on the floor underneath a baby grand piano that was being played masterfully. In my opinion, this is the ideal way to listen to the piano because the music just falls down and washes over you. I used to do this as a child, but then I could fit my whole body underneath. Now, my legs stuck out quite a ways, and my feet may or may not have gotten stepped on.

No comments: