Sunday, May 25, 2008

54 Things to be Happy About

There was a talk in Sacrament Meeting today about gratitude, so I started making a list of things I'm grateful for on my program. (That's the whole point of programs, y'know: to provide writing space during our meetings.) Anyway, here's what I came up with:
  • Excedrin (What can I say? I had a headache this morning.)
  • my queen-sized bed
  • my color-coded scriptures
  • music
  • musical talent in others
  • Sonja, Drawly, and Sir Guy
  • my car
  • beautiful flowers
  • good-smelling candles
  • the Holy Ghost
  • my job
  • cream cheese
  • alfredo sauce
  • stars
  • inside jokes
  • friends who love and support me
  • a cool breeze
  • being barefoot
  • good books and movies
  • my hair dryer
  • playing with small children
  • the gospel
  • lotion
  • garlic
  • contented snuggles
  • massages
  • thunderstorms
  • working from home
  • feeling useful
  • glasses/contacts that help me see
  • taking pictures
  • feeling at peace with myself and my life
  • my migraine medications
  • drawing on T, especially during Sacrament Meeting
  • music you can't help singing along with
  • air conditioning
  • noisily happy babies
  • people who share my sense of humor
  • psychobabble
  • laying on a quilt in the back yard with music, a book, and the kitties
  • forgiveness--for myself and for others
  • colors
  • the relief and wonder when a headache finally goes away
  • examples that give me hope--proof that it can, in fact, be done!
  • electricity
  • crushed ice
  • evidence that God is working in my life and interested in me
  • trees
  • being included
  • strong opinions
  • sleeping in
  • sunglasses
  • wearing high heels anyway
  • getting things right

1 comment:

Tianna said...

Suddenly I am grateful I didn't sit next to you in Sacrament yesterday. My arms are currently ink-free. ;)