Friday, May 2, 2008

Crazy? Possibly. Yummy? Definitely.

Wednesday night was 31-cent-scoop night at Baskin Robbins. From 5 to 10 pm, they were selling scoops of ice cream for 31 cents, and Tianna, BJ, Michael, and I had all decided to go. We were not expecting, however, that it would be freezing cold outside! I went home from work early so that I could help Tianna weed the garden and get it ready for planting. BJ came over, too, and we were out there for quite a while. By the time we finished, our fingers were painfully frozen and my back muscles were sore from shivering. Not fifteen minutes after we got inside, Michael showed up, fresh from work. The three of us had decided that ice cream was not a high priority, as we were all popsicles ourselves. Michael, however, still really wanted to go. (Such a troublemaker; wouldn't let us just relax and thaw.) We all hemmed and hawed for at least an hour, until I decided I was un-frozen (certainly not warm) enough to go.

So Michael and I went. And when we got there, the line was only partially wrapped around the building! So we stood in line in the bitter cold for about half an hour before finally making it inside. Just before we got in, it started snowing. I couldn't believe it. It was snowing, and we were standing in line outside for ice cream. What was wrong with us? Fortunately, it was warm inside, if crowded. And eventually, we made it up to where we could order. I only got one scoop; Michael tried to convince me to get more, but I reminded him that I was freezing, and had been for hours. (I got pralines and cream, and it was delicious!) We headed back home to eat; there was nowhere to sit or stand but back outside, and there was no way I was going to stand in the snow and eat ice cream. All in all, it was a memorable experience.

No comments: