Friday, May 9, 2008

I miss my kitties.

So, our landlady has decreed that our cats must be outdoor cats. We delayed putting them outside as long as possible, but we finally got them collars and tags and decided we needed to start getting them used to the outdoors. So t'other day, we took them outside and played with them. And again the next day. At first, they weren't at all pleased. Well, the kittens did alright, though they didn't much care for the grass. Sonja was definitely against the idea. But they've all gotten used to it.

Yesterday, Tianna decided when she left for work that the kitties would be left outside, since it was so nice. (Of course, while I was at work, Will sent me this story and I kinda freaked out. Tianna may have been railed against.) Let it be known that I am against the plan of making them outdoor kitties. This was not helped by the fact that when BJ went over to check on them, he couldn't find them anywhere. When T got home, they were still MIA. She finally found them, though--they had been hiding under a blanket, apparently all day. Probably from the python.

After work, we went out and played with them again. Last night, Tianna decided the time had come for them to stay out overnight. She assured me that they would be just fine. And they were, although Drawly's collar was lying on the patio this morning. (It's a breakaway collar, so I am guessing that Sonja or Sir Guy just pulled on it too hard.) But I really missed the kittens playing around me while I got ready for the day. And when I went outside to see them, Sonja kept on meowing as if she had been abandoned all over again.

This evening, I was out in the backyard on a blanket, doing some work and playing with the cats. But the wind got cold, so I came in. I left those kitties outside in weather I saw fit to come in out of! I feel awful. And every once in a while, they paw at the screen door (it doesn't close all the way) to see if they can get in. It breaks my heart.

I've been told over and over from various people that they'll be just fine. But it's killing me to do this to them.

No comments: