Monday, May 5, 2008

Today is such a Monday.

Weird things that happened to me today:
  1. I saw this guy. (Okay, that one was really cool.)
  2. I witnessed a car drive the wrong way on a one-way street.
  3. The corner where I cross the street from the Conference Center, where I park, to the COB, where I work, was entirely blocked off for construction. I wasn't allowed to cross the street in either direction; I had to walk a block south to cross the street, then back north to the COB.
  4. I was introduced to the new girl as "Kessa."
  5. As I was on the phone with the Help Desk (whom I loathe) to try and get my user account and email and whatnot set up at work, it was brought to my attention that my Church membership number is invalid. The guy advised me to check with my ward clerk to make sure I had the right number on my recommend. Tianna got her ultra-cool source to hack into Membership instead; I had it right. The only logical explanation is that I have been excommunicated without my knowledge. The implications of all of this are still unclear.
  6. The server I use at work decided that 4:30 pm would be a fantastic time to engage in some not-so-harmless selective implosion. Yes, you read that correctly. Selective implosion. An entire folder (with tons of subfolders and files in it), a couple of files out of another folder, and 1 file out of the lone surviving folder within that second folder. All gone. It's like the server is being eaten from the inside out--but only the juicy bits. We even waited until everybody had gone home and rebooted it; no luck. My stuff is just GONE.
  7. I stopped at Borders on my way home because I was totally frazzled and I find bookstores soothing. Outside was a line of weirdos camping overnight for tickets to buy Stephanie Meyers' new book. I wouldn't even do that for Harry Potter! But maybe I'm just a stick-in-the-mud.
  8. I just smoked up the kitchen making pizza rolls. I opened the oven door and fwoom--smoke. My eyes are even stinging. Nothing burning, though, so this is inexplicable. Fortunately, our smoke detector is on the other side of the house. (Who planned that?)

No comments: