Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cat Consequences

I love my cats. They're adorable and I heart them. But they have peed on my bed twice now, and this is not at all cool. Saturday evening, I went to go to bed (I was rather sick, so it was quite early), and found cat pee on my bed. Comforter, electric blanket, sheets, mattress cover...they got it all. I was so trashed, however, that I couldn't do anything about it. If I'd had the energy, I probably would have cried. You ever feel so lousy that you want nothing more than to just go to sleep, and anything that gets in your way is a catastrophe? That was me. Fortunately, Tianna is an angel sent from heaven. She took all my bedding off and got it in the laundry. I slept on one blanket and under another that night.

But none of that is the real reason for this post. An amazing thing happened to my comforter: it got melted! Not so amazing, you say; stuff happens in the dryer. What's amazing is that this happened in the washer. We can't figure it out. So bizarre.
As you can see, it's also rather torn up, so one theory is that it got caught on something (this part is obvious) and the friction against the drum is what melted it. All parties agree, however, that it is exceedingly strange.
Tianna to the rescue again! Since I am not about to go out and buy a new bedset at this point, she "helped" me sew it up. What actually happened is that I cut off the bad material, and she pinned and sewed it and made it work. I love that girl.
So yeah, it's a funny corner now. But it's whole again, and that's what really matters, isn't it?

No comments: